Say “I DO!” at Altitude!
You and your guests will soar high above the Canadian Rocky Mountains on a breathtaking helicopter tour, landing at a beautiful alpine location for your ceremony, photos, and perhaps even a toast! Let Mother Nature lend her mouth-to-the-floor backdrop to your big day and make memories with a spectacular view!
Price does not include any wedding commissioner or photographer fees. Does not include lunch.
(plus fees & taxes)
Photo Credit: Willow & Wolf
Our Wedding Partners
Photographers & Planners
Area / Location for your event
- Rockies Heli is nestled in the mountains between Mt Michener & Mt Stelfox beside Abraham Lake.
- We have a number of spectacular mountain top locations that we land at depending on wind and weather.
- For wind/weather days we have lower locations in the valley.
- The location will be decided by the pilot on the day of your event for safety and comfort reasons.
How it Works & Rates
- You will be flown to your location, (approximately 6-minute flight) where you be in the wilderness for 2 hours for your wedding, elopement, or photo shoot. Return trip is approximately 6 minutes. A backpack with water and chocolate treats will be available on your stop.
- Cost is $499 per person.
- If more than 6 people a guide will be required. Cost of guide is $700 which includes seat in helicopter. If more than 12 passengers 2 guides will be required.
- The number of guides required will be based on the number of people. Guides are there for your safety and knowledge of the area.
- If the weight of the group exceeds the helicopters weight capacity a second trip will be required, and a guide will be needed.
- Infants up to the age of 2 are no charge and must be seated on the lap of an adult in the helicopter. Children 2 and over will require their own seat and are 50% off up to the age of 8.
When to Arrive
- Arrive 1 hour prior to departure as waivers, safety briefings and arranging guests in Heli take time. We do have our waivers online for you to review. Waivers must be signed at heliport.
What to Bring
- The right clothing and footwear for the time of year will make a big difference on the experience you will have. Always remember to layer and bring more than you need. You will not have to wear the additional clothing in the Heli, but it will be squirreled away in the cargo cheeks of the helicopter for when you require it.
- Summertime, hiking boots or sneakers, Wind/Rain jacket (fleece).
- Wintertime, winter boots, winter jacket. Be able to build layers.
- At Rockies Heli, we do have winter jackets, snow pants and boots available for guests in limited sizes and numbers.
Times, Distances, Highways
- Lake Louise (Hwy 93 to Hwy 11) – 1 hour & 15 minutes, 122 km
- Banff (Hwy 93 to Hwy 11) – 1 hour & 52 minutes, 178 km
- Jasper (Hwy 93 to Hwy 11) – 2 hour & 5 minutes, 196 km
- Rocky Mountain House (Hwy 11) – 1 hour & 21 minutes, 134 km
*Special note, there are times when navigation devises will send you on a wild goose chase (pay attention to your road signs). A number of times guests leaving Lake Louise have ended up in Golden, B.C! When leaving or driving by Lake Louise it is only 2.57 km before turning north on the Icefield Parkway (Hwy 93)*.
Enroute to heliport
- Always make sure that you fuel up at the last location before continuing on. Summertime gas stations are open and operate longer hours. In the winter gas stations do close for the season and close earlier.
- Bring snacks and make sure vehicle is outfitted with emergency supplies in the event you find yourself stuck in the mountains. When traveling in the winter, winter tires are a must.
- We have an area for the bride to change at the base if required.
- When you return back to base a complimentary loaf/loafs of freshly baked bread with cheese and complimentary tea/coffee, water will await you.
- We do have a seating area if you want to bring snacks/food/beverages and relax with your friends and family.
- In the wintertime we also have a fire in our fire pit where you can roast complimentary marshmallows or create smores!